The VPI Avenger table was originally a project started by Harry over 15 years ago. In the process of the design the project was dropped in mid-production due to excessive demand by HR-X customers which left the design and proto-type chassis to be mothballed.
Shortly after the development of the Prime, and while cleaning out the warehouse in preparation for a dealer training event, the forgotten Avenger and its designs were re-discovered! The working name was the “Tri-Pod Project”. The project was intended to be a versatile High-End “Sand-Box” for all types of modification on set-up preferences.
The VPI Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic, with damping material between layers, locked in by 3 isolation steel corner posts, 3 bolts, and the massive bearing assembly. The corner posts which hold the tonearms (up to three will fit) have adjustable machined knobs giving the user the ability to easily raise and lower the height to level the table. Fully adjustable armboards are made from 5/8” 6061 aluminum for rigidity and grounding. The table can mount up to three arms, any manufacture’s brand, and any length! The Avenger comes in three variants. Standard, Plus, and Reference.
The Avenger Plus comes equipped with Harry Weisfeld Signature Rim Drive motor assembly. With improved engineering to make it easier to use than ever with an adjustable knob to move the rim drive mechanism which is driven by the included Analog Drive System. Additionally the tonearm is getting a step up with the JMW 12-3DR with Nordost Reference wire as well as a periphery ring clamp.
- The Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic with damping material between layers.
- 3 stainless steel corner posts for both isolation and tonearm mounting and for mechanical grounding (up to 3 will fit).
- Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction
The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor in machined aluminum Rim Drive Motor assembly.
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing, and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects.
- The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference.
- The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
- JMW 12-3DR with Nordost Reference wire.
- Fatboy Gimbal Tonearm
- Made in the USA