The VPI Avenger table was originally a project started by Harry over 15 years ago. In the process of the design the project was dropped in mid-production due to excessive demand by HR-X customers which left the design and proto-type chassis to be mothballed.
Shortly after the development of the Prime, and while cleaning out the warehouse in preparation for a dealer training event, the forgotten Avenger and its designs were re-discovered! The working name was the “Tri-Pod Project”. The project was intended to be a versatile High-End “Sand-Box” for all types of modification on set-up preferences.
The VPI Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic, with damping material between layers, locked in by 3 isolation steel corner posts, 3 bolts, and the massive bearing assembly. The corner posts which hold the tonearms (up to three will fit) have adjustable machined knobs giving the user the ability to easily raise and lower the height to level the table. Fully adjustable armboards are made from 5/8” 6061 aluminum for rigidity and grounding. The table can mount up to three arms, any manufacture’s brand, and any length! The Avenger comes in three variants. Standard, Plus, and Reference.
- Three layer bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic chassis
- 3 stainless steel corner / Arm mounting posts
- 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor
- Inverted bearing featuring hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter with of +/- .001” accuracy
- The motor pulley with +/- .0005” accuracy when leaving factory
- Fatboy Gimbal Tonearm
- Made in the USA