USB without compromise.
Invictus USB was conceived and designed without limits, with the sole objective of making the best USB cable imaginable. To do this, we focused exclusively on the result: that of obtaining the best possible transport of a digital signal. To do this, we wanted to separate the data and power signals as well as possible, using innovative shielding and insulation. This led us to develop a cable that was very important in terms of size, which had to be terminated with equally high-performance connectors, so as not to undermine the work done on the cable.
The sound performance is characterised by an extreme reproductive naturalness with control throughout the audio range at the highest levels. Invictus USB is a very revealing cable and for this reason it is the prerogative of high-performance systems, as it is able to transport any digital detail to perfection and to completely eliminate the noise and interference that creeps into this type of connection.
When it comes to USB cables, the “material” transported is the bit, i.e. computer data. So, although our cables are specifically for Audio, we have carried out purely computer tests to understand the limits of our product. As with all digital cables, length is an enemy and the USB 2.0 specification certifies signal transport with lengths between source and receiver of no more than 5m. TheInvictus USB goes well beyond these distances and could compete in some length records. We’ve made cables much longer than we’ll ever need in audio and performed connection tests with a Hi-Fi DAC with 96kHz audio files and a very simple passive pen drive.
The result, a result of the inherent quality ofInvictus USB, is impressive. We were able to connect the DAC up to a distance of 35 metres, playing 96 kHz files. With a passive device, which has no auxiliary power supply and has to receive the necessary power from the cable, we were able to reach 30 metres when connected to a direct USB port on the PC. If we consider that commercially available USB cables, for distances of more than 5 metres, must be equipped with one or more boosters, we understand from these tests the extreme capacity of Invictus USB to transport computer data from one point to another.
Simply unique construction.
Invictus USB is entirely designed at Ricable, starting with the cable and ending with the connectors. But how is this impressive cable made? In order to achieve ideal electrical characteristics and at the same time perfect insulation, we designed an asymmetrical geometry with concentric conductors for the data and parallel conductors for the power supply. In this way, we achieved the least possible influence of the power supply on the data. Obviously the highlight is the insulation with a double R-TEC dielectric for the data and a cylinder system called RCS (Ricable Cyl inder System) which allows maximum insulation and reduces the effect of the shields on the electrical capacity. Finally, we added multiple shields (5 in all) and an innovative Germanium Noise Reduction (RNR System).
The aim was to create a USB cable with the correct impedance, low capacity, low resistance and perfect shielding. This resulted in a very complex geometry which, thanks to its balance, has allowed us to achieve outstanding results for this product, which oozes craftsmanship even from the connector, designed to best isolate the contact parts and to support this spectacular cable.
- Capacity: 29 pF/m
- Impedance: 90 Ω
- Resistance: 45 Ω/km
- Max. transmission distance: 35 m passive – 50 m powered
- External diameter: Ø 16 mm
- Material Conductors: MARC Pure Copper 7N 99.99999%.
- Strand diameter: 0.08 mm
- Structure Conductors: UR System (Asymmetric Twist System specific for USB)
- Conductor sections Power supply: 2 x 0.55 mm²
- Conductor shielding Power supply: Mylar/Aluminium + OFC Copper Braid with 95% coverage
- Conductor geometry Power supply: Parallel
- Dielectric Conductor insulation Power supply: Polyethylene R-TEC
- Conductor sections Data: 2 x 0.34 mm²
- Conductor shielding Data: Mylar/Aluminium + OFC Copper Braid with 95% coverage
- Conductor geometry Data: Concentric Twisted
- Dielectric Conductor Insulator Data: Double Technopolymer R-TEC
- RNR Noise Reduction Data: Germanium semiconductor
- Internal insulation: 8 x cylinder system
- External shielding: Tinned OFC Copper Braid
- External Protection: High density sheathing with Polyethylene/Nylon overbraid
- Connector material: Non-magnetic alloy housing with increased insulation
- Contact: Hand-welded with special Eutectic Alloy Sn/Ag/Cu
- Features Connectors: Copper contacts 24K Gold plated