The new Ortofon Reference Interconnect cables Series is designed and manufactured by Ortofon Japan
Each of the new Reference series cables has its individual sonic expression:
- The Reference Red is an all-purpose, decent, but not too expensive cable that would be a great addition to any audio equipment. The sound is relaxed, warm and dynamic with high resolution.
- The Reference Blue is a dynamic and high-resolution cable that reveals detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum.
- The Reference Bronze has an astonishing wide-range, clear and neutral sound.
- The Reference Black is a new generation reference audio cable par excellence with a well-balanced, neutral and precise sound.
- Signal conductors: PCUHD (Pure Copper Ultra High Durability)
- Signal conductors: OFC (Oxygen-free copper)
- Signal conductors: HiFC (High performance pure copper)
- Damping material: Cotton fiber
- Shield: Aluminuim tape
- Shield: Braided 4N OFC (Oxygen-free copper) Ø 0.12 mm × 8 × 24
- Insulation: Halogen-free highly resilient elastomer
- Insulation: Braided nylon fiber
- Cable diameter: Ø 10 mm
- Insulation: PE (Polyethylene)